Bali Family Holiday Fun!
You have booked your trip to Bali and everything has been taken care of, except one tiny detail: finding the best adventure spot for you and your kids to have fun together. Well, Waterbom Aquatic Park in Bali is full of fun and adventure, for both kids and grownups alike. Spanning over 3 hectares of lush tropical surroundings, the park lies between the Discovery shopping mall and Kuta Square (in the vicinity of famous Kuta beach). Get the adrenaline pumping – rides for grownups
Aquatic parks are famous for those exciting action waterslides rides, and Waterbom Park offers that for everybody. For the most daring ones of you, here are some of the slides you should definitely try out:
Joy, Fun and Excitement – great ideas for kids
- The Smashdown – this is a fantastic speed journey on a water slide from 8 stories high, where you are going to hit even 60 km per hour. Only for the daring ones!
- Raft River – rafting in a crazy tube, here you’ll be screaming out loud a few times, that’s for sure.
- Boomerang Ride – just twist, turn and feel the rush of adrenaline throughout the ride.
There are several facilities all throughout Waterbom Park dedicated for the little ones, where they can safely play and have fun.
And that’s just the begining…
- The Kiddy Slide, where even the smallest ones will tremendously enjoy the water jets and miniature slides especially built for them.
- The Boombastic park, where grown ups can hardly help it not to go in for a splash too. All of the places designed for children are supervised by professionals, and all of the systems are built with child safety in mind.
- Lazy River – a nice way to cool down and recharge. Just lie in your inflated tubes and let the soft calm current carry you through the luscious tropical foliage.
The Mia Villa Team
- Have fun and get the whole family in for a joyous airbrush tattoo at Island Ink. These are all temporary tattoos, where non-allergic materials are used. You can proudly wear them for a week, and it will all be gone by the time it’s time to go back to work or school again. Whether it be a silky butterfly or the sign of the ancient warriors, you can get everything here.
- Granitas, exotic fruit cocktails, margaritas, beers, and what not! After a day of sliding and swimming, you definitely deserve a nice cold drink- The Pool Bar at Waterbom Park has everything for everybody!
- Want a 2 minute break to share photos with friends and family back home? Waterbom Park offers wireless internet options for those anxious to access their emails (vouchers for the connection are usually sold on the spot)
- You can rent gazebos/cabanas for your family, for the entire day. You can enjoy your drinks and meals, in between water sliding adventures. Great for big groups and families with younger children who might need a nap.
- Seem to have forgotten something at home? There are several retail shops available right on the spot where you can buy swimwear or fun aquatic equipment and toys for the little ones.
- Wall Climbing and Euro-Bungy corners await you if you need something different than water sports and fun.
- Of course the delicious foods and snacks that you can enjoy all day long, from hamburgers to traditional foods. Take your pick.
Planning your vacation might be a challenging task, especially if you have little kids. It is very important that you make a plan that will help you be able to choose the perfect little paradise spot in Bali where your little ones will feel safe, and where you will enjoy your vacation to the fullest. First of all, you should make sure that the travel agency/ agent that you choose understands your needs and can give you detailed information on all your questions.Private Bali Villas or Hotels: which is more better for my family?
The answer is Villas. When you stay at a villa, you will get all the comfort that you need, and you can stay away from the unbearably crowded hotels during peak seasons. The price difference between a villa and a hotel is not that much, and depending on the size of your group, villas can end up being much cheaper. Plus, it is definitely worth providing your family with a peaceful and harmonious place to stay during your trip.
When searching for the best accommodations, make sure that you have as many tourist spots in the nearby area as possible. Traveling with little kids can be difficult in itself, so you really need a place where you have the wonderful white sandy beaches nearby, one or two theme parks for the little ones, and of course other family outing options. Search for spots that are not too crowded but not too secluded either.The true meaning of “all-inclusive”
How many times have you traveled on so called all-inclusive vacations, just to find out that a lot of the promised things are missing? This can be a tiring experience, especially when you have the little ones of the family with you. Well, Bali is a tourist destination that respects its visitors first of all, and it is the place where you will get the most comprehensive package of services.
Therefore, when you come here with little kids, most of the villas are built and run with the word family in mind:
- Pools for children
- Funny and safe play areas that you will love too
- Babysitters– because you need some time for yourself too. While you are on your shopping spree, or at a quiet restaurant having dinner with your partner, your little ones will be looked after by very trustworthy babysitters.
- Special meals for the kids to choose from.
- Cots and highchairs – you won’t need to haul around your “travel” cots or boosters, and you can have more space in your luggage for all that shopping!
Always ask whether all the above are provided, just to make sure that your family holiday will be perfect.
Balinese people are friendly and warm, and they adore children. Activities for children can be found everywhere, and there are a lot of tours specially designed so that kids will feel comfortable and enjoy themselves: everything starting from temple visits, to visiting the famous Waterbom Aquatic Park.
Live the Dream, Discover, Dive & Dance your way through the island
Once you arrive in Bali, your Bali holiday finally begins, and you and your children are going to have a great time. This is a relatively inexpensive little tropical island, and you will soon find out by yourself that ther e so many things to do, you won’t even know what to start with. So here are a few pinpointed suggestions that will help you organize your holiday much better.
Best Beaches in Bali- and the winners are…
- Kuta beach- 10 minutes from Denpasar, Kuta beach is called the “surfer’s paradise”, where you can experience the most amazingly soft white sandy carpet beneath your feet. Tons of activities for families here, from watching traditional “Kecak” dances to the little souvenir shops scattered all throughout the region.
- Jimbaran beach – fishing village with plenty of selected seafood restaurants. A must try here is the fresh grilled seafood that has amazing flavor. After an entire day spent in the sunshine and the warm water, you are definitely going to enjoy a family dinner while watching traditional Balinese performers sing and dance for you. A quiet and traditional place that the whole family will enjoy.
- Lovina beach – if you want something out of the ordinary, this is the place to be. Just get away from the overcrowded beaches, and visit Lovina’s calm sea, perfect for swimming. Afterwards, just take a walk through the little villages nearby to see the wonderful rice terraces spreading in front of you, or admire the coconut plantations on your discovery journey in the area. A canoe trip will take you to visit the beautiful dolphins early in the morning, and don’t forget to experience the magnificent sunset late in the afternoon. What else could you wish for…
Tours will make your vacation perfectly organized
When you arrive in Bali, the best thing you can do is ask the concierge service to present you a few tours that you can take with your kids. These tours are specifically tailored to bring you a full day of activities, action and fun. Here are just a few:
- The famous village tours – meet the locals, get authentic souvenirs, and have an insight into Balinese lifestyle and traditions. There are a lot of villages which are renowned for specific activities such as handmade silver jewelry, wood crafting, fishing villages and many more. Just take your pick and start exploring.
- Coffee plantations and rice paddies – you will find plenty of tours involving visits to these splendid places, and you will definitely feel that you are walking through places out of this world. Sip a traditional Balinese cup of hot coffee to energize you for the day, while the kids try out the Jaja Betun Badil which is a delicious rice cake with brown sugar sauce.
- Tours to theme parks with your kids – there are several such places such as the Waterbom aquatic park, the Sangeh monkey forest or the zoo and reptile parks. Just remember: 1 day – 1 special tour and your holiday is going to be a huge success!
1. Waterbom Park Bali
A genuine must during your Bali villa vacation. Suitable rides for children of all ages. (including adults!)
2. Lovina Dolphin Watching
Through jungle and rice fields to playful dolphins, Lovina is a whole experience in itself.
There is a large selection of boats, and family cruises to choose from. Take your pick from calm, peaceful outings to exciting experiences.
For those older kids with the need for speed.
5. Horse Riding
Mia Villa is located right next to the Umalas Horse Stables, where you can arrange for chaperoned rides on ponies to a full galloping experience on the beach. Enjoy this great interaction with the animals.
6. Elephant Safari Park
Marvel at the beauty and kindness of these large animals. Take a ride on an elephant and hand feed them. The Elephant Safari Park has some great conservation and animal rescue efforts.
7. Bali Treetop Adventure Park
Be Tarzan for a day; an experience for the whole family. Many different routes for adults and children aged 4 and up.
Christmas is the most joyous time of year. But with all the cold weather, many of us tend to celebrate it at home. Well now it’s time for a change. What would you say if instead of the snowy and chilly weather, you could sunbathe on a black sandy beach, or drink your favorite cocktail in your own private pool? How about starting each morning in your own tropical garden with exotic plants and birds singing? A week spent like this, and you’ll go back to work in January fully charged for the whole year. Christmas in Bali could offer you all these, and plenty more.
Give Christmas an exotic flare
Many families who travel to Bali for the winter holiday season, will take their Christmas traditions with them: they celebrate Christmas Eve with the family, just like at home with delicious juicy roasted turkey served by the best chefs in their private villas. The difference is that here, you don’t have to even go into the kitchen.
The next morning, after opening all your presents, you can have an adventurous day on the beach with the entire family, instead of being forced to stay in. Enjoy the many traditional festivals and celebrations all throughout the month of December. Just enjoy the sun, the warmth of the locals, the rice paddies and your own traditional Christmas tree. You are going to experience a special Christmas and an amazingly interesting holiday.
Do you want to take your kids see Santa in Indonesia? No problem, a friendly Santa will be waiting for the kids at each corner: theme parks, restaurants, shopping malls, just like at home. Only it’s the tropical weather that you are going to enjoy, and instead of hot cocoa, the entire family can indulge in eating a huge tub of delicious chocolate chip ice-cream or drink a refreshing icy papaya shake.
The Aquatic theme parks (like Waterbom Park) are waiting for you to enjoy the warm weather and the waterslides even on Christmas Day, right after Santa has delivered all his gifts. Christmas in Bali is an unusual experience, something out of the ordinary, and this is what makes it so special.
New Year’s Eve
For an exciting start to the New Year, choose from one of the many beach parties. Splashing waves, dance, music, friendly faces and champagne. Fireworks on the beach also constitute a special event that both you and the kids will enjoy. No fancy dress codes, just a tropical New Year’s Eve celebration where “fun” is the driving word.
If you want something more formal and elegant, with exquisite French, Japanese, Italian or Indonesian cuisine involved, live music and perhaps traditional dance performances, you can make a reservation at one of the many restaurants available on the island. Just enjoy, and enter the New Year in style.
As for a quiet evening with family and friends, arrange for a lavish dinner at your Bali Villa, swim under the stars and relax your way into the New Year on this tiny exotic island.
A rental villa in Bali is a great way to spend your well earned few weeks with family members. No matter the ages of the children, there is always something for every family member.
A Bali villa holiday is an ideal choice to make, when traveling with an infant.
Here you have great flexibility, support, and much needed space and privacy.
In Mia Villa, most of your kid’s needs will be met readily. From clean bottled water to child friendly cutlery. So no need to carry your own.
If your little one (or you for that matter), have a particular make of formula that you prefer, you can get in touch with our Villa Manager to check availability for you before you arrive, and have it ready at the Villa for when you arrive. Of course, the same goes for nappies, and anything else you might need.
Older children will have a ball in Bali and quite likely very happily tire themselves out between the villa swimming pool and the daily excursions.
The Balinese adore children, especially the younger ones. You will get eager support to look after the little ones whilst you take a much deserved dip into the pool. A great way for the young ones to get to learn a new culture, and maybe pick up a word or two of the local language whilst having fun!
They can also choose from the selection of books and children’s DVD’s available at the villa.
Of course, last but not least, you yourself will want to enjoy the Villa to the fullest.
The great news is, you have your own private swimming pool in your own villa, together with a wonderful sun-deck where you can soak up the rays.
Mia Villa is equipped with a TV and Satellite connection, great to catch up on the news or sports. Or you can just enjoy a DVD from our wide selection of movies.
Feel free to look through the library, which provides all sorts of fiction/non-fiction books for your reading pleasure.
If you want to be a bit more adventurous, and can actually bring yourself to leave your newly found haven, you can try out the many excursions the Island offers.
At the Villa, you get to have a great Bali holiday together, also allowing each to enjoy their own space, flexibility and freedom.